- 2 lbs pork ribs, washed and cut between bones to separate
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pack (40 g) Knorr Tamarind Soup Mix
- 1 to 2 tablespoons patis or fish sauce
- 3 pcs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in big chunks
- vegetables (I use broccoli, green beans, cabbage or bok choy)
Place ribs in a stockpot and add cold water just to cover the ribs. Bring to a heavy boil, then drain, discarding the water.
Add to the pot the chopped onion, diced tomatoes, Knorr tamarind soup mix and fish sauce.
Pour 8 cups of water over, cover the stockpot and bring water to boil. Lower heat and let ribs continue to cook in the simmering broth until almost tender.
Add the sweet potato chunks and when almost softened, put in rest of the vegetables to cook for about 5 minutes. At this time, cooked ribs are so tender enough that the meat literally falls off the bone (the way we love ribs!).