- 2 tbsp vegetable oil divided
- ¾ cup julienned red bell pepper
- ¾ cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup snap peas
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup sliced chicken breast
- 1 cup fish balls sliced in half
- ½ cup sliced Chinese sausage also known as Chinese chorizo
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 16oz pack canton or flour stick noodles
- ¼ cup dried black fungus see note
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup chopped green onions divided
- Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil to a wok or a deep, large skillet on med/high heat. Add 3/4 cup red bell pepper, 3/4 cup carrots and 1 cup snap peas. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another tbsp of oil to the pan and sauté 2 tbsp garlic with 1/2 cup onions until the onions are soft and translucent. Stir in 1/2 cup chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Add 1 cup fish balls and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup Chinese sausage and cook for a minute more. Be careful not to overcook or burn the meats. Lower your heat if necessary.
- Pour 3 cups chicken broth. Season with 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Stir then allow the mixture to boil.
- Carefully add the canton noodles and stir until it absorbs all the liquid. Add chopped black fungus then remove from heat.
- Add back your cooked vegetables, half of your chopped green onions and 1 tsp of sesame oil. Stir until combined.
- Sprinkle the rest of your green onions before serving. Best served warm.